Owning a car is a big responsibility. Cars are vulnerable to various incidents while out on the road or parked, which is why getting an auto insurance policy is necessary. The right coverage can potentially limit significant out-of-pocket expenses after a covered accident.
What Auto Insurance Covers
Coverage varies among policyholders, but a typical auto insurance policy might include some of the following options:
- Liability insurance helps insure against claims arising from damage or injuries you cause to others if you are at fault in a wreck.
- Bodily injury liability coverage helps cover their medical bills (and, in some cases, deaths).
- Property damage liability helps pay for damage to the other driver’s property, such as their car.
- Collision insurance helps cover damage to your vehicle after a wreck.
- Comprehensive insurance helps pay for non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage.
- Uninsured/underinsured insurance helps insure you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage.
Specific policies may be tailored to include alternative coverages. Contact the agents at Crume-Evans Insurance to learn more.
How Much Auto Insurance Do I Need?
Indiana requires all car owners to carry minimum amounts of liability coverage. However, it’s essential not to limit yourself to minimum coverage amounts. Having the right coverage can offer significant financial protection against accident-related costs.
How Auto Insurance Claims Work
Upon filing an insurance claim, your insurance provider will likely inspect the damages to your vehicle and determine the cause of the accident. If your claim is approved, you will be reimbursed for the value of the damage from the accident.
Reach Out Today
If you are a car owner near Kokomo, Indiana, the experienced agents at Crume-Evans Insurance can assist you in learning more about potential auto insurance policies and help you decide on the right coverage.
Reach out to our agency today at 765-452-5479 to learn more.