Farm Insurance in Kokomo, IN
As an Indiana farmer, you face multiple perils that could trigger lost profits or legal liability. Farm and ranch insurance can help provide financial protection against common risks to help your operation reach its financial goals, even when the unexpected happens.
Contact Crume-Evans Insurance Service in Kokomo, Indiana, to learn more about your farm and ranch insurance policy options and get customized policies at a great rate.
What Is Farm Insurance?
Farm insurance isn’t a single policy providing insurance coverage but rather a collection of insurance policies and endorsements designed to help your specific organization avoid the financial stress and strain associated with typical risks and perils.
Depending on your needs, your agent may recommend that you purchase the following farm insurance policies and endorsements:
- General liability insurance may help pay for your farm’s legal liability for third-party property damage and injuries.
- Farm equipment insurance may help pay to repair or replace covered farm machinery and equipment, such as combines, trailers and tractors.
- Livestock insurance may help provide financial compensation for covered livestock after a covered accident or incident results in the injury or death of your animals.
- Crop insurance may help cover losses to crops due to covered events such as fires, natural disasters, droughts or hail.
- Workers’ compensation coverage may help pay your employees’ lost wages and medical costs if they suffer a work-related illness or injury.
- Pollution liability insurance may help cover your legal liability if pollutants from your farm cause injury or illness.
Depending on your farm’s specific exposures, your agent may recommend that you purchase the following supplemental coverages:
- Farm structures insurance may help pay to repair or replace buildings on your farm after a covered event.
- Farm dwelling insurance may help cover your home if you live on-site.
- Equine insurance may help cover losses related to the death or injury of your horses.
- Umbrella insurance may help extend the liability coverage for each of your farm’s policies.
How to Get Farm Insurance
As you consider which farm policies may provide appropriate coverage for your farm, it’s crucial to work closely with experienced agents like the ones at Crume-Evens Insurance Service. Contact us today to get quotes from reputable insurers specializing in farm insurance.